Permanent, full time position based in Malton, North Yorkshire
Salary £20-35k (depending on experience)
Enhanced pension scheme
Member of the Leadership Team
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to develop this new role, created due to the expansion of our award-winning interior design business. We are investing in our purchasing and logistics function to make us a more efficient company that provides excellent customer service.
We already have an experienced Business Assistant who orders the stock and co-ordinates the delivery dates. We envisage that as our Project Procurement & Logistics Coordinator, you will liaise with suppliers to improve costs and delivery schedules. You will make contacts in the furniture industry to improve our supplier base.
You will be involved in checking items for quality as well as assembling furniture. You will be a crucial hands-on member of the site-fit team and will help us to maintain a safe working environment. You will follow up on missing or faulty items and achieve the best outcome for both the client and the company.
You will report to the Director and supervise one member of staff, managing their workload and helping them at busy times and for holiday cover. This will be a full-time role of 40 hours per week, although there will sometimes be a need to work longer days, as projects dictate.
As a member of the Leadership Team, you will be involved in moving our company forward to becoming the best we can be.
Responsibilities and duties include:
• Build on and create new supplier relationships for quality control, improved discounts and greater customer support.
• Liaise with suppliers, couriers and other parties to ensure optimum delivery and installation dates.
• Receive, unload and check deliveries.
• Prepare items for site, including furniture assembly and labelling.
• Collect and deliver stock as required.
• Be a part of the site fit team.
• Maintain a safe-working environment at our store room.
• Carry out risk assessments prior to site fits.
• Assess and communicate any potential delivery issues, e.g. access issues and long lead times, and help to resolve them.
• Oversee and support the Business Assistant with their workload
• Develop working systems to create greater efficiency and capacity within the purchasing function.
• Responsibility for resolving any delivery/faulty item issues to achievethe best outcome for the client and Rachel McLane Ltd.
• Communicate fully with all colleagues.
• Make business decisions as part of the Leadership Team.
• Report on logistics and deliveries to enable client updates.
• Manage company stock.
Essential skills and qualities include:
• Ability to deal with all sorts of people in different situations.
• Customer service skills and the ability to represent our company professionally at all times.
• Full, clean driving licence.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel and work the hours required.
• Having an eye for detail, being organised and able to co-ordinate multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking.
• Computer literacy – working knowledge of Excel and ability to learn our internal systems.
• Time management.
• Forward planning – anticipating potential problems and working to prevent them.
• Problem solving and a “can do” attitude.
• Working knowledge and understanding of health and safety.
• Team player and willingness to “muck in”.
• Experience of managing a small team.
• Understanding Interior Design as a professional industry.
• Remaining calm under pressure and maintaining a sense of humour.
• Maintaining confidentiality, including client and employee information.
• Ability to unpack and assemble furniture items such as tables, chairs and bedsides.
• Having the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Desirable skills and qualities include:
• Knowledge of the furniture or lighting industries.
• Experience of bulk-buying and negotiating discounts.
• Relevant qualification in purchasing or logistics.
• Experience of Synergist data base.
• Experience in the interior design Industry.
• In depth knowledge of health and safety.
• Experience of assembling furniture and using hand tools.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th July 2018.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES